Our 20s are a time of self-discovery. University is over and the reality of adulthood has begun to sink in. These are supposed to be the best years of our lives, but sometimes it just feels like we are having a quarter life crisis. In face, as Millennials, we account for almost one quarter of the UK population and are the most stressed out demographic in history!
Our lifestyle plays a big part in the overall quality of our skin, but we are also learning that subtle biological and physiological changes occurring under the skin’s surface can actually damage its quality at a younger age. New research suggests that in our 20s, pores become enlarged and more visible, skin tone becomes uneven and age spots start to appear, laving our skin duller and less radiant. What we are experiencing are quarter life skin concerns, which are less visible and intrusive than teenage ache and midlife lines and wrinkles, but are just as destructive to our skin.
Origins has created a high-performance solution, Original Skin Renewable Serum with Willowhard, to specifically target those quarter-life skin concerns – rough texture, enlarged pores, stressed skin and loss of radiance. It features a floral and citrus essential oil beldn including rose and grapefruit. The Serum is driven by two key factors;
1. Cell Turnover and Renewal which is vital for skin vibrancy which is a prominent sign of youth. When cell turnover is increased, fresh plump cells are brought to the skin’s surface and boost the ability to reflect light.
2. Carbonylation which a protein change in the skins surface caused by external stressors such as Pollution or Smoking. This can cause the skin to look yellow, dull and less radiant.
The Skin Renewal Serum is developed with an innovative blend of ingredients from nature with immediate and longterm benefits. It works in three ways to refine texture, enhance radiance and glow, shrink pores and blur imperfections.
1. Chestnut Seed extract refines skin’s texture and minimises pores by boosting skin cell turnover and eliminate roughness. This works together with Laminaria Saccharina to balance the skin’s production of sebum to tighten and shrink the appearance of pores.
2. Canadian Willowherb restores radiance and rebounds the effects of stress by restoring the skins clarity. It also works in tandem with Persian Silk Tree to keep skin at peak healthy and translucency.
3. A blend of optics correct dullness and visibly softens the appearance of pores by giving skin a flawless finish.
In conjunction with their innovative new Serum, the first from Origins which is marketed at the 20-something buyer, they will be launching a “Quarter Life Crisis” App (planned to launch live on 15th March) It will provide users with product information, digital engagement with a photo sticker application, a link to shop the serum online and the chance to win prizes.
“Quarter Life Crisis by Origins” app will be available for free in the app store and will include:
Product Information & Education: Details on the new high-performance product targeted to millennials and why a serum is necessary in their skincare routine
Photo Engagement: Take a fun #QuarterLifeCrisis photo, add illustrative stickers (such as sunglasses, lips, hashtags etc.) and upload to your desired social media networks. All of the stickers have been individually designed and drawn by the Original Skin campaign illustrator, Bee Stanton.
Shop: Option for consumers to purchase at Origins.co.uk
Scan For A Chance To Win: Use the App to scan the QR code found at origins.co.uk/quarterlifecrisis for the chance to win a free Original Skin Renewal Serum
The Original Skin Renewal Serum with Willowherb launches nationally on March 13th at selected department stores, priced at £32. Make sure you tweet us @STYLE_etc and @OriginsUKPR with the hashtag #QuarterLifeCrisis and we will RT our favourite pictures!
This is one of the only times you will see me with no makeup! I was lucky enough never to suffer from teenage acne, but I have noticed my skin becoming uneven and red over the last year. I’ll post another picture after I’ve been using the serum for four weeks so you can see a difference!
By Emily Parker @emilylouparker