How do you achieve the perfect smokey eye? The million dollar question that keeps us hovering around makeup counters and buying an endless array of products… Well, thanks to the charity Dress For Success and some lovely ladies from Bobbi Brown, we think we’ve found the answer!
At an event held at Tom’s Champagne Bar in House of Fraser on Thursday evening, the Manchester based charity teamed up with luxury makeup brand Bobbi Brown, for an evening of makeup demonstrations, nibbles and a few glasses of bubbly!
Amongst the guests were volunteers from Dress For Success, beauty bloggers and a few makeup fanatics too!
Dress For Success is an organisation that helps disadvantaged women back into work, by providing career-focused support such as interview training, confidence-building and motivational support ; alongside appropriate interview and workwear attire.
Delicious salmon and cream cheese canapés were on the menu, and were munched through a live demonstration, which taught us how to create that beautiful smokey eye effect!
To achieve a smokey eye in the classic Bobbi Brown style:
- Use your fingers to smooth a medium long wear Cream Shadow Stick onto the lower lid.
- Apply a black or dark brown Smokey Eye Kajal Liner in a thick line across the upper lash line and smudge to your liking.
- Repeat this on the lower lash line.
- Finish with a few coats of Smokey Eye Mascara.
- Darker eyeshadows can be applied over the lids to intensify this look and achieve a bolder effect.
- We suggest adding a brow highlighter to really stand out from the crowd!
The evening was fun, informative and in support of an excellent cause.
For further information about Dress For Success and how you can get involved, please visit:
by Grace Fleming