Discover how to get two gorgeous beauty looks from one make-up tutorial with our summer daytime glow to evening glam get the look guide. Our model gives a full tutorial in the video below showing just how easy it is to switch your look from day to night.
Summer Daytime Glow
Model: Jessica Ross Photography: Leanne Coppock Video: Katey Hayward
Girl-next-door gets a beach inspired glow with our summer goals daytime look. Showing a natural shimmer across tan and healthy looking skin, this look presents an effortless result ideal for everyday.
As our model has dark hair, a dark brow ensues to structure and frame the face for flattering definition. Alongside the lashes, the ebony hue adds subtle structure to an otherwise bright combination.
The colour scheme for the make up merges nudes and pinks, making use of the combined palettes used from Clarins Rosewood shades and Naked Basics Fruits.
Liquid contouring gives a better blend and helps create the beautifully dewy glow seen in the shots.
We envision this beauty look depicting carefree beach vibes, striking the ideal balance between looking like you haven’t tried but appearing flawless all the same.
Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick is used for a subtle nude base in gloss finish, enhanced with MAC’s Pink Lemonade Lipgloss.
The base is set with Laura Mercier’s genius Loose Setting Translucent Powder, which when applied correctly keeps make up set as it should be and reduces the appearance of lines or cracks.
The whole look is set with Urban Decay’s Oil Control Setting Spray, designed to maximise application longevity.
For our evening look our model switches it up a notch to go that little bit extra in a sultry vamp look.
The eyes are framed with thick cat eye liner, a combination of both pencil and liquid, topped off with thick fashion lashes by Ardell.
The same palette is used for both day and night, but a few darker shadows are added for further definition in creating an evening inspired result.
The lips also take a darker route, scrapping the previous nude lip bases and instead opting for muted purple. Sleek’s VIP Ready to Rock brings the main purple hue, a shade we love for upcoming autumn styles.
MAC Nice and Spicy Lip Liner brings a more natural brown tone to the lip, with the added benefit of outlining the lips.
More pink tones are added to the cheeks to complement the earlier contoured base and adhere to the new agenda of colour as seen in the eye and lip choices.
This look still attains a very natural base, working with the same dewy glow and tan skintone, but instead of accenting these tones, the evening look contrasts them which culminates in a more white toned look as opposed to the daytime yellow toned base.
The brushes used on this look successfully worked to blend in the harsher shades amongst the light, making sure the overall effect didn’t end up excessive and amateur.
Watch the Tutorial
- Garnier Oil Control Complete Vanishing Cream
- Smashbox Photofinish Light Primer
- Clarins BB Cream
- L’Oreal 24 hour Matte Infallable Foundation
- LA Girl Pro Concealer Porcelain
- LA Girl Pro Concealer Toast
- LA Girl Pro Concealer Light Ivory
- The Balm Mary Lou Luminizer
- Clarins Face Contouring Palette Kit
- MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighter
- Sleek Eyebrow Highlighter
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Dip Brow Pomade
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Dip Brow Ebony
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
- Hula Benefit
- Essence All About Nudes
- Naked Urban Decay Naked Basics Fruit Palette
- Clarins 4 Colour Palette Rosewood
- Naked 2 Eyeshadow Palette
- MAC Star Trek Press Pigment Naked Time
- Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
- Stila Stay All Day Intense Black Liner
- Barry M Coal Pencil Eyeliner
- Ardell Fashion Lashes
- MAC Nice and Spicy Lip Liner
- Clarins Joli Rouge Brilliant Lipstick 31 Tender Nude
- Nyx Lip Liner Brown
- Sleek Lip VIP Lipstick Ready to Rock