To coincide with the Great British Bake Off being back on our screens, we have been in touch with Genesis Crafty, a modern bakery and family business owned and run by six brothers who together make baking amazing. They have given us three delicious recipes to share with our readers!
The bakery was originally set up by the McErlain brothers’ parents in 1968 as a simple home bakery with just one bread cart. Just over four decades later Genesis Crafty is a truly modern bakery but with artisan values. The bakers still flip every pancake and chaff every scone by hand! A unique blend of traditional craftsmanship and skilled innovation, Genesis Crafty is proud to still be making many age-old favourite recipes, while keeping fresh with new and delicious creations. They are also available to buy throughout the UK via Waitrose, Ocado and Sainbury’s.
The first recipe is the Pancake Tower and it looks delicious! The recipe has been created for Genesis Crafty by lifestyle blogger Coralie Grassin of Teatime in Wonderland http://teatimeinwonderland.co.uk/
* 400ml whipping cream
* 4 tablespoons of lemon curd
*Handful, fresh raspberries and fresh blueberries, or any seasonal fruits you desire! Redcurrants also make a beautiful display
* Handful, edible petals (optional), you can find stunning varieties online from Sous Chef (www.souschef.co.uk)
* 2 packets Genesis Crafty Big Original Pancakes
1. Whip up your whipping cream until smooth and creamy
2. Marble 4 spoonfuls of lemon curd through your cream
3. The pancakes, fresh fruit and flowers do the rest, simply layer your Genesis Crafty pancakes (12 gives a nice height) with a dollop of lemony goodness and your seasonal fruits and top with edible flowers for a showstopper dessert or afternoon tea treat! It’s a wonderful “cheat” recipe when you want to wow friends but have no time to bake!
Make sure you tweet @STYLE_etc with a picture of your creations and we will retweet them!