This October sees LittleBlackDress.co.uk launch its own Little Black Dress Collection. The aim is simple – to make every woman, whatever her style or occasion, feel fabulous.
The debut collection of the Manchester based companies 20 dresses encapsulates five moods and is inspired by classic and iconic styles, with a modern twist and named after some of the most influential women in fashion, film and music. We attended its official launch at Manchester House last week and had a preview of the dresses. Some of the gorgeous new collection is already online, some are ready to be pre-ordered for the end of October.
The five moods are Feminine, Classic, Unique, Sexy and Glamorous.
Feminine has an allure of elegance and beauty and features swing, drop-waisted and ballerina styles in lace, tulle and sequins.
Carrie £110, Taylor £75
Chloe £85, Blake £80
– Carrie’s balerina style with sequin and net details is straight out of Miss Bradshaw’s wardrobe
– Reminiscent of the wardrobe of America’s sweetheart, Taylor is a drop-waisted style with leather appliqué
– Chloe’s gorgeously girly swing style features a cheeky lace underlay
– The lace back detail of Blake ensures this pencil style stays firmly feminine
Classic favours a woman with a slick silhouette. For her, fashions may fade, but style is eternal; much like these five sophisticated, elegant and timeless dresses.
Coco £75, Jackie O £65
Victoria £85, Emma £85, Marilyn £95
– Chic and effortless, the Coco shift dress is brought up to date with mesh yoke detailing and sweetheart neckline
– The cap-sleeved Jackie O shift is as timeless as the icon it’s named after
– Victoria, a knee-length satin skater style, provides elegance worthy of Mrs. Beckham herself
– Perfectly tailored, the above-the-knee style of Emma is sure to become a wardrobe staple
– For a classic with a modern twist, the Marilyn prom dress is brought into the 21st century in scuba and organza fabrics (We’ve pre-ordered this one for its release on October 31st!)
Unique includes a trio of styles as individual as its wearers, featuring quirky fabrications and indulgent trims. The unique girl’s motto? If you obey all the rules, you’ll miss all the fun…
Alexa £70, Charlize £110, Zooey £95
– The peter pan-collared Alexa features a flattering sweetheart neck and polka dot mesh
– With its flapper-style fringing, tassels and sequins, Charlize is ready to party
– Zooey’s sleeveless skater style with mesh overlay is as unique as Miss Deschanel herself
Glamorous features full length evening styles and short, sultry cocktail dresss. The Glamorous gowns have chic stitched in to every seam because life is never a dress rehearsal.
Jennifer £110, Rita £110
Jessica £90, Audrey £120
– Make like the A-list in Jennifer’s mesh bodice maxi with heart detailing
– Surely the ultimate knockout gown, Rita’s sequin mesh insert maxi dress is worthy of any red carpet
– Jessica’s gold neck detail and sleek double jersey oozes subtle glamour
– Surely the epitome of the word, the knee-length, feather-trimmed Audrey shift will stay stylish for decades
And finally Sexy. It’s time to drink champagne and dance on the table with LBD’s Sexy dresses. From a flash of décolleté to cheeky cut out leather details and sensual cowl backs, this mood is not for the faint-hearted.
Diana £95, Kirsten £75,
Gemma £90, Kate £110
– An iconic number, the ruched chiffon off-the-shoulder Diana is still fashion perfection, 20 years after the original debuted
– Show them who’s boss with Kristen’s fierce ruched bodycon style with leather detail
– With its cowl back and cut-away detail, the double jersey Gemma is all business at the front and party at the back
– The feather detail of the knee-length Kate shift is as sultry and sexy as its namesake
Nathalie Gibbins. Editor of LittleBlackDress.co.uk has spoke of the fabulous new collection: ‘Versatile, flattering and synonymous with timeless style, to this day the LBD remains a girl’s best friend. It’s this sentiment that inspired us to launch Little Black Dress, a new premium fashion brand and collection of luxury LBDs that combines our namesake with contemporary design, sumptuous fabrics and unexpected detailing.’ We will also have a full interview with Natalie coming soon to the STYLEetc website!
So if you’re looking for the perfect outfit for the office party, for News Year Eve or even just a night out with the girls, head to the ultimate destination website for party dresses and accessories, littleblackdress.co.uk