First came the cronut, then the duffin; now It’s all about the Sconewich…!
Our second recipe from Genesis Crafty by lifestyle blogger Coralie Grassin of Teatime in Wonderland http://teatimeinwonderland.co.uk/ is a delicious Ice Cream Sconewich!
* 500g fresh apricots, chopped
* 250g caster sugar
* 1 tablespoon, dried lavender, extra to sprinkle (you will also need a muslin bag or tea infuser)
* 1 tub of vanilla ice cream
* Handful, edible petals (optional), you can find stunning varieties online from Sous Chef (www.souschef.co.uk)
* 1 packet Genesis Crafty Sultana Scones
1. Warm the sugar for a couple minutes over a medium heat
2. Add your chopped apricots and lavender (in a muslin bag or tea strainer) to infuse, simmer softly for 30 minutes then discard your lavender and leave the jam to cool
3. Halve your scones and add a good scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of apricot jam
4. Sprinkle with dried lavender and/or edible flowers!
As always, make sure you take a picture and tweet us on @STYLE_etc