If ever there was a season to indulge yourself on beauty treatments, Christmas is most certainly the one. With all the shopping, wrapping and Christmas cooking, your nails can easily get neglected. Luckily we have the answer to your prayers with some fabulous designs from three up and coming nail bloggers who have kindly shared their tricks of the trade to help you achieve the perfect festive nails!
Beauty Adoration’s Top Christmas Nail Tips:
- For nails with glitter, simply paint your nails as this will help the glitter to stick, then lightly sprinkle glitter over top and leave to dry.
- For the Christmas tree stand out nail, use a white nail polish and paint your whole nail. Leave to dry and then using a green nail polish and a nail brush slowly start to create your Christmas tree just like you would if you were drawing on paper.
- Don’t have a dotting tool? Try the end of a bobby pin!
- Stock up on plain false nails to practise your nail art on!
- Don’t have a nail brush? Use a very small paintbrush.
- Practise makes perfect! I have been doing nail art for a long time yet still have a long way to go!
Recommend Product: MUA or ELF nail polishes for the best value for money.
LITTLE TIP OFF
Amy’s Top Christmas Nail Tips:
- I use a selection of brush sizes, and for tinier details, I use a trimmed down brush (it has about five/six strands left after snipping!).
- I swear by my nail art paintbrushes, which I purchased from Amazon for a couple of pounds.
- I use the Models Own nail art pens regularly, which I recommend to anyone who wants to attempt nail art.
- I use Essie ‘Good To Go’ as a top coat, which is a quick-drying and very high quality topcoat.
- For higher end brands try Essie and OPI for excellent quality.
- Make sure you have the time available to do your nail art. There is nothing worse than having to rush your design! I allow myself anything between half an hour and five hours.
- Don’t feel like you have to spend a lot of money of products. Most of my nail art equipment was purchased online for tiny prices. I refuse to spend any more than £5 on a bottle of polish, unless it’s something I’ve been lusting after for months!
Recommended Product: Models Own or Sinful Colour Nail Polishes for reasonable price and high quality!
A.J.’s Top Christmas Nail Tips:
- Use a base to keep nails strong and stop them peeling.
- As a top coat I use Poshe Super-fast drying topcoat, it dries my nail polish fast and leave the nails super glossy.
- For hand care I use Avoplex nail and cuticle oil and Avojuice hand and body lotion, during winter months my hands get dry easily and I use these products daily.
- Use very thin nail art brushes and dotting tools.
Recommended Products: OPI Nail Envy, great for using as a base coat.
With thanks to Beauty Adoration, Nail Lacquer and Little Tip Off for providing images and tips. To view their nail blogs click the name of each blogger’s site above their section!
Don’t forget to tweet us your best attempts @STYLE_etc and we’ll retweet our favourite #ChristmasNails.
By Leanne Coppock