Are you lusting after Cara Delevingne-esque brows? Well help is on hand at the Shavata Brow Bar in Harvey Nichols Manchester. STYLEetc popped in recently to pick up some top tips from founder and ‘Brow Guru’, Shavata Singh. The huge success of the brand stems from her passion for delivering the perfect arch, tailored to suit each client depending on their age and face shape, and enhancing their natural brow in a way which “silently frames the face”.
Shavata talked us through a brow masterclass and we were amazed to see how much difference a little brow TLC can make! Shavata describes it as “a mini face lift in your lunch break”. Her top tip for achieving perfectly presented brows is to make sure you get your eyebrows done professionally, with Shavata technicians all trained to advise you on the perfect brow shape for your face shape, lifestyle and age. Here are Shavata’s top tips for keeping brows groomed in between appointments:
- Tweeze a few hairs daily whilst the hairs are short. It’s easier to tell which should stay and which need to go.
- Tweeze your brows after a hot bath or shower, and always in natural light.
- If you make a mistake, grow it out – don’t correct it.
- Remember brows are ‘sisters’ not ‘twins’, if you try to make your brows identical you will end up plucking them to nothing.
- Always sit in front of a large mirror and use a magnified hand held mirror, this gives you an overall realistic view and the hand mirror helps with the details, move from mirror to mirror.
- Just take a few hairs at a time from each side – it’s much easier than doing one and then trying to copy it on the other side.
- Only tweeze hairs from underneath your brows, never above.
- Only trim your brows if you know how and have straight blade scissors.
- Don’t over pluck. Hairs don’t always grow back and you an run the risk of permanently losing your most flattering shape.
- For a total reshape grow your brows out for as long as you can bear because the more you have the greater the transformation.
Shavata told us that everyone needs brow make-up if they want to achieve a ‘perfect’ look. Pencils are great for drawing in shape and Shavata advises using the side of the pencil, holding it lightly and following the hairs upwards, building up the colour gradually to achieve the most natural look. Shadow works well for people looking to colour the hair, with two shades darker than your natural brow colour said to enhance youthfulness. Needless to say, by the end of the masterclass our brows were subtly reshaped and groomed to perfection!
In addition to Brow Shaping (£17), Shavata Brow Bar also offer treatments including Full Face Threading (£53), Eyebrow Tinting (£13), Lash Extensions (from £18) and Semi-Permanent Lashes (from £60). The highly trained team at Shavata provide a fantastic, high quality service in a friendly and relaxing environment. We love our new brows and we recommend you book in to try it out for yourself!
To book an appointment at the Shavata Brow Bar in Harvey Nichols Manchester, please call: 0161 828 8560.
To find a Shavata Studio near you please visit the website: www.shavata.co.uk
by Catherine Kirkpatrick